Are you looking to get involved in the exciting world of student government to develop skills and build connections that will last a lifetime? The Graduate and Professional Student Association is now taking applications for the position of Chief of Staff. While all graduate and professional students are welcome to apply, preference will be given to applicants who are willing to serve for the entire 2014-2015 academic year. This volunteer position will require approximately 10 hours per week.
The job comes with the following responsibilities:
- Assisting the GPSA Executive Board in the fulfillment of assigned tasks, including preparation for meetings.
- Maintaining the GPSA Facebook and Twitter accounts (approximately one post per day).
- Live tweeting the bi-weekly GPSA meetings (Wednesday nights in the HUB at 6 p.m. for approximately two hours).
- Maintaining the GPSA email accounts and answering or forwarding correspondence where appropriate.
- Updating the GPSA website (no coding knowledge required).
- Organizing and maintaining the GPSA office to reflect and inviting and professional environment.
- Being present in the GPSA office at least two days a week for several hours (you will get your own computer and desk).
Preferred candidates will possess the following skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others.
- Genuine interest in improving the life of graduate and professional students at Penn State.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to GPSA President Kevin Horne at GPSAoffice@gmail.com by Sunday, August 23. Should you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to ask.